CASE STUDY – MACHINING AND GRINDING
A Belgium subcontractor for mechanical parts used in automotive and race engines was looking to upgrade their metalworking coolant and to improve overall service from the fluid supplier. The manufacturer wanted to improve its operations through
- Improved machine performance
- Reduced total overall cost
- Reduced residue build up
This Case Study and the solutions gained were achieved through cooperation with VOC nv, a Quaker distributor in Belgium.
- As a first step, Quaker gradually introduced QUAKERCOOL® 3530 AFF in their operation and VOC made regular visits, provided excellent technical support, and monitored and managed the fluid for the customer, keeping the concentration between 6 to 8%.
- On August 2012, QUAKERCOOL® 3530 AFF was tested on 1 turning machine then eventually by October 2012 the tests were extended to a second machine for testing a sensitive aluminum alloy. By December 2012, tests on the coolant were extended to all machines of 3000 liter capacity.
As a result of the trials, the customer realized the following benefits:
- 20% lower Total Cost
- Improved cleanliness of the machines